Friday 27 April 2012

X - Blogging from A to Z - Challenge - 27th April 2012




The Letter X

Today is Friday, 27th April 2012, and the letter is 'X'. Yes, I took the easy way out, and chose 'X marks the spot' as my Etsy treasury theme. It's about pirates and treasure maps!



If you have children, especially boys, you cannot avoid at some point, being forced to 'walk the plank' or help dress Captain Jack Sparrow for a birthday party. Here is Erik as Jack Sparrow:

Photo and Copyright 2009-2012 Christina Wigren

And this is Elisabet's treasure-map:


Photo and Copyright 2009-2012 Christina Wigren
Children's literature is filled with pirates, from Captain Hook in Peter Pan, to Johnny Depp's unsinkable cinema character. (I know, many of you will raise a warning finger and tell me that those movies are not suitable for children. I know, I know. But, at least, I sit with them, watch, translate and explain that, 'No, no, you can't do that at home. Johnny Depp is not hanging there. It's a specially trained stuntman, and besides there is this enormous tvelve-layer, princess-and-the-pea-mattress for him to land on!)

I'll stop here because we are supposed to keep these A to Z-posts short. But I have reason to return to the fantasy-world of sea-going cut-throats at a later date. Ah, it's the pirate's life for me!

Best wishes,
Anna



First Commenter:

Rosalind Adam
of
Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain




1 comment:

Rosalind Adam said...

It's not only kids who love pirates and treasure maps. Great X marks the spot post :-)
A to Z of Nostalgia

Translate a text here: